I am so excited about today's post. I love Christmas recipes, chocolate, and anything that's easy to make in the kitchen, so when Caroline and I whipped up this recipe for day three of our collab, I knew it was going to be good! This easy and delicious fudge is perfect for the holidays and doesn't require any skill or expertise in the kitchen. I know for me, the idea of making fudge always seemed a little daunting, but I was pleasantly surprised with how easy this whole process was!
What you'll need...
2 bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
What to do...
There are pictures of the whole process below, but these are the step by step instructions:
1. Line your pan or pans with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Caroline and I used two pans because we each wanted a tray for ourselves, but I think using one would make a thicker, more delicious fudge.
2. Pour the chocolate chips and condensed milk into the pan and constantly stir until completely melted. Be careful not to let the chocolate burn!
*I think adding a few drops of peppermint oil to the mixture would heighten the peppermint flavor- I totally wish we would have thought of this! Caroline and I also added 1-2 tablespoons of canola oil to the fudge as it melted because the mixture was almost too thick to stir.
3. When it's all mixed up, pour the fudge into the pan and spread out with a spoon
4. Crush the candy canes (a rolling pin works well for this) and sprinkle them on top of the fudge, pressing some into the fudge to add more peppermint flavor. We suggest putting the candy canes in a bag first to make this easier
5. Refrigerate or freeze until solid
6. Cut into squares and enjoy!
This recipe is seriously so easy to make and it's like Christmas crack, it's that good. Let us know if you try it!