2016 was quite the year. Graduating high school, chopping off my hair, taking a three week birthday vacation, exploring so many new cities, and starting college above all, were some of the best memories I created and events that will stick with me forever. I want to take a trip down memory lane today to note all of the things that made 2016 so special to me...
J A N U A R Y
- I kicked off second semester senior year, which admittedly, I missed a lot more school days of than I thought... senioritis was real. I announced in January also that I'd be heading to Lehigh!
- As seniors at my high school, we have a two-week long service immersion experience where we do service in place of school, and my best friend and I were assigned to a nursing home for our experience. I wrote a reflection here.
- There was a crazy snowstorm in Rhode Island, so my dad's flight got cancelled and he drove 16 hours to make it to our last Father-Daughter dinner dance for my high school.
F E B R U A R Y
- Two of my best friends chopped off 11 inches of my hair for children with hair loss.
- Jack and one of my best friends and I went on a 4/5 hour hike up at Devil's Lake in the middle of snow and ice. It was a beautiful view and we are planning to go back on Wednesday!!!
- Our whole high school friend group made a hilarious indoor rec soccer team which was a total fail, but really fun to still go out and play.
- It was our last winter formal for high school!
- I got t-boned at an intersection two blocks from my house and totaled my car.... Not really a highlight but kind of noteworthy
M A R C H
- My family went down to St. Louis for a weekend to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary
- My mom and I took the best trip to New Orleans (recap one, recap two) for spring break, which quickly became one of my favorite cities because of the gorgeous, lush scenery, beautiful homes, and some of the best food I've ever had!
A P R I L
- My dad and I went to New York, Rhode Island, and visited Lehigh for an accepted students weekend! We also visited our Hamptons house, which is always fun. (recap one, recap two)
- On that same trip I met KJP, Sarah Vickers, and Jenna Sweeney while in Rhode Island.
M A Y
- I went to my last prom at Jack's school and then we have White Dinner for my high school as our final dance.
- I went to Chicago with a few friends for the College Prepster's meet and greet at Vineyard Vines
- I graduated from high school! I still can't believe this one... I loved my high school and seriously wouldn't change those four years for anything. Ah, so nostalgic to leave 2016 and all of that behind! We also threw such a cute graduation party.
J U N E
- Attended so many fun graduation parties
- Ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) one morning when I guess I was just really motivated on my run!
J U L Y
- I got Alabama Shakes tickets for graduation and got to see them live (they're my favorite band!) at Summerfest with my brother
- Went on an impromptu trip to Martha's Vineyard, which was my first time visiting the island!
- Sammy came to visit Caroline and I in Wisconsin!!
- I went camping with some of my friends... total disaster, lol.
A U G U S T
- Said goodbye to all of my friends before I ventured to New York, Rhode Island, and Maine for almost three weeks with my dad, brother, and boyfriend for my birthday.
- On that trip, Jack and I climbed Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park, and while in New York, my dad took us to the top of the Freedom Tower
- We also spent my birthday on a sailboat ride over sunset. Definitely one of my best memories.
- I moved into my dorm and started my first semester at Lehigh!
S E P T E M B E R
- Lehigh. Lehigh. Lehigh.
O C T O B E R
- My dad came for parent's weekend!
- I came home for pacing break and had a fabulous weekend with Jack in Chicago and Milwaukee
N O V E M B E R
- My best friend and I met up in NYC for a weekend to escape from school.
- My dad moved from Rhode Island to Dallas this summer and I visited his new home (and Texas!) for the first time for Thanksgiving
D E C E M B E R
- I left school for a weekend to go to Long Island, Rhode Island, and Connecticut to celebrate my Grandma's 75th birthday
- I wrapped up all of my exams and my first semester at Lehigh, and much to my surprise, didn't fail any classes #snaps
- I came home and threw my annual cookie exchange party with my mom!
Here's to 2017! What are your plans for tonight?