Yesterday was an amazing day. A Monday? Yeah, I know. It was kind of strange how wonderful yesterday was, and it all started with iced coffee...
I started drinking iced coffee two summers ago in Rhode Island when I brought my two best friends and we discovered the magic of Dunkin Donut's. Since then, I've really only drank iced coffee when I'm in Rhode Island, at Dunkin Donuts, with my friends. Yesterday I woke up after going to bed a little later than I'd hoped and decided to ask my mom to make me coffee for a little energy boost. I frequent green tea but I never drink coffee in the morning. So, when I filled a Tervis with coffee, ice, and my favorite almond milk, I was immediately brought back to two summers ago in Rhode Island.
Not only did those Rhode Island iced coffee memories remind me of summer, the beach, and long walks on the cliff walk, but I was also caught missing my dad and one of my best friends who came to Rhode Island with me that summer! I haven't seen my dad since Father Daughter (because he lives in Rhode Island), so on my drive into school yesterday I called him. It was such a nice way to start my day and left me in the best mood. My dad and I are so close and I don't call him enough!
And then, I pulled into school, and of course, my best friend pulled in right next to me! Seriously, it was like God telling me that it was going to be a great day. The funniest thing is that she is my dad's absolute favorite person of all of my friends, and she loves my dad's whole side of the family. We haven't been as close recently, but ended up talking together through the walk into school and spent lunch together yesterday, too. Reconnecting was just what I needed and has left me feeling seriously so blessed for the friendships that can just be picked up right where they left off.
All the while, yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. The temperatures were in the 60's and it was one of those days when you wake up, hear the birds chirping, and can't help but be in a good mood because it's finally spring. I was sitting in my first hour class (albeit a little hyped on caffeine) and could not stop feeling excited and blessed. I was so in love with the gorgeous weather that I took my dog on a long walk when I got home and enjoyed the fresh air, too. I found myself in a constant mindset that life really is what you make of it, so making the most of it, being positive, and being constantly excited really is so rewarding and makes me so happy.
I made myself an incredible omelette for dinner, which you can see below. It was so, so easy and I was wanting something healthy, fresh, and protein-packed after my workout!
What you'll need...
4 egg whites
1 small bunch of spinach
A little medley of grape tomatoes
a dash of cajun seasoning and chili powder
1. Crack egg whites into a bowl, separating/removing yolks
2. Grind pepper on them, add a dash of cajun seasoning and a dash of chili powder for flavor
3. Add a splash of water and whisk the whites with a fork until bubbles form
4. I sprayed my pan with a little PAM but also added a tiny bit of olive oil for more flavor. Turn the stove on medium-low and pour in whites
5. Chop spinach and tomatoes
5. The whites formed bubbles almost immediately because they cook so quickly, so I tossed in my spinach and tomatoes onto them probably 30 seconds after I had poured them in
6. Let the whites cook a little more, and then fold the whites over the veggies. I had never made an omelette before (scrambled eggs were my previous specialty), but I pulled out two spatulas and managed to wrap the whites around the veggies and flip the omelette until the eggs were fully cooked. I added a little more salt and pepper and let the omelette continue over medium-low heat to get a little crispier until I felt like it was done
And that's it! It was an incredibly easy and healthy breakfast for dinner! The omelette was actually quite big too so it really filled me up. I am for sure going to make this again... definitely for breakfast soon, and I might add some cheese next time as well! Just another part of what made my day so great, lol.
Here's to the rest of the week!